Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Blogger.com login nightmare

Maybe it's just because I'm sleep deprived by our newborn, but I can't believe the headache I've had trying to figure out how to log in to blogger.com -- after I'd created a blog a few days ago.

Way back when, I created a google account username and password -- and then never used the damn things. I decided last week I wanted to try blogging on blogger.com and created a new account, not remembering I had a google account at all.

Anyway, now I can't get back to a blog I created at dr-dh.blogspot.com without my google account and have been forced to create a new blog with my google account username and password. So I guess, dr-dh.blogspot.com might sit out there in cyberspace for eternity.

My frustration with blogger.com had me going to other blogging sites -- www.wordpress.com, www.blogdrive.com, etc. But I'm back at blogger.com, at least temporarily, because I can't stand the flashing ads at the top of the page for blogdrive.com and because, at least at first glance, it looked like wordpress.com didn't have labels.

Of course, what I would really like to have is nested "labels," or nested subject links for things like a critique of a Thomas Friedman column that would logically be nested under the label 'media criticism.'

No comments: